This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I work in sales, and want out. Need a creative job; design, architecture, media.?
02-03-2013, 03:18 AM
I work in sales, and want out. Need a creative job; design, architecture, media.?
I have been working at this company for about 8 months selling Adobe products. In high school the subjects that i enjoyed the most and excelled at were physics, graphic design and art. I thought sales would be easy and that is where the money is, or so i'm told. It turn out i can't stand it. Maybe i have social anxiety or something but i can barely stand to work another day. I want to do something that i actually like to do. I am creative, i love to do any type of designing, love music, love digital media, and architecture. Pretty much anything that i can use my creativity to my advantage. I currently am working closely with Adobe products, ie photoshop, designer, etc. So i have that on my corner.

So what do i do? I have a marketing degree...All of the design and architecture job listings require school and experience. I cant afford to go back to school and dont have time for freelance art. I need a plan and i need one fast. Help please...i need guidance.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 03:26 AM

you could be a film/video editor

Ads

I think your post your bio-data in job application site. You will seek your appropriate job any job seeker site. Best of luck.........

There are part time graphic design courses and distance learning ones too.
Or have you considered an apprenticeship?

you can get a associates graphic design at your local community college, you save money and times are flexible. you should create a behance online portfolio to display your skills.

I think you're in a perfect position! Here's what I would say -- Hold on to your day job, then slowly take freelance graphic design jobs and work on them in your off time. You will get an idea if your work is good and how much you can charge for it. It sounds like you're already advanced as far as using the software, so yea I think you're in a good spot! But beware -- there is a lot of selling in graphic design too. In everything really. So try to keep an open mind and you will be successful. If you've never freelanced before, here are some resources to get you started. Good luck!

Freelance Graphic Designers
http://freelancegraphicdesigner.info/

What Hourly rate should I charge?
http://freelancegraphicdesigner.info/fre...-rates.php