This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Whats the difference between reply and retweet.. twitter?
02-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Whats the difference between reply and retweet.. twitter?
Ok, first of all, on twitter, what is the difference between reply and retweet?
Second, what would be something to leave on a celebs twitter page, w/o sounding like a nerd? LOL.
I mean come on, who wants to talk to a celeb and sound nerdy.

no means comments please! Tongue

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 05:07 AM

A reply is when you tweet a person semi-specifically. Their name comes up like @berts.princess (not really mine, just an example), and you can say things to them, but other people can read it.

A retweet is when someone says something funny or interesting, and you want to kind of quote them with out copying & pasting and all that jazz. Just click on it, and it will say "Do you want to retweet this to your followers?" or something like that. Click yes, then everybody that follows you will be able to read what the original tweet said, coming directly from the original twit (that's what twitter users are called, apparently).

When talking to a celeb, you can either Direct Message them (if they have it open), or use an @reply (@ then their twitter name).
As for what to say... really, it doesn't matter. A lot of people act like fans on twitter, saying "Oh, *celeb*, I love you! Your'e so awesome," so it shouldn't matter. Most celebs don't even read their @replies because there are just way too many. Or if they do, there's no guarantee they will read yours (it happens. tweets are easy to skip over by accident) or reply to it.

Hope I helped! =)

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply