This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Yahoo answers is almost 8 years old, would it be considered a senior in web-site years?
02-03-2013, 10:19 AM
Yahoo answers is almost 8 years old, would it be considered a senior in web-site years?
Come this march, Y!A will turn 8 years of age. that might not be old to you, but compared to web-sites like skype, Face-book, twitter & YouTube; is this site a senior?
Do you see her lasting another 8 years?
Ooops, I stand corrected. Youtube is almost just as old. it'll turn 8 in march as well. but still, compared to the other sites. is Y!A ancient?
Sorry, final correction; it was june, not march. My memory is slipping LOL.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 10:27 AM

8 years is "senior" in computer years. Although I use a computer older than that.
I wish 360 was still around to complement it.

Ads

It could be a senior. Guess I don't follow yahoo information close enough to know. I'll take your word for it about other sites/sights. It might last if someone can fix it.

I must be one of the founding members then - Yahoo !!!

No, it is middle aged (56) because 1 Yahoo year equals 7 human years. Sometimes Yahoo Answers is a dog the way it malfunctions.

Well Timmy, I think YA is a bit like me - I'm not a senior but I hang out a lot in the seniors category.

So YA is 'older' but not as old as some other websites.

Just middle-aged. A seniorette.

I actually remember Yahoo from 1998, not answers, but just the search engine Yahoo. I first came on YA in 2006.

well I started in YA prior to 2005 and prior to that was in Yahoo Messenger starting the last half of year 2000. I know that MySpace came along after YM. There were other chatrooms like CheetaChat and Pal Chat and of course AOL, MSN and others. When I was in YM some people said they'd been in there ten years already. soooo As far as websites go I'd say YA is a senior but then there's probably elder websites that came before them that like ebay. today there is Linkedin.

You need to correct again.

According to Yahoo Answers itself:
"Did you know that on December 12, 2005, Yahoo! Answers publicly launched in the United States?"
http://yanswersblog.com/index.php/archiv…

Given the technical problems and poor 'team' monitoring Yahoo Answers could be mistaken for a raw beginner rather than an experienced Senior.