This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
So my twitter account recently got hacked?
02-03-2013, 09:21 PM
So my twitter account recently got hacked?
A few days ago a few of my followers tweeted at me asking if I had been hacked because they all received a DM asking them for their username and password, and there was a tweet that was one of those "Loose body fat quick, just look at how well it worked for these people (followed by a link)" tweets. I believe it to be a bot, because none of the information was changed (username, email, password, etc), and most of the accounts that only tweet that are bots, and how else could they send out a DM to all of my followers at once? I deleted the tweet and changed my password, but could I still be hacked? If it was a bot, could they just hack me again? Was it even a bot? Could I possibly have been targeted because every time I report one of those accounts for tweeting at me I say "FAAHK AAAFF?"
Possibly confusing, and many questions, I know. Thanks for taking the time to read and answer.
Also, after the incident I went through my followers and reported and blocked any possible bot accounts.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 09:29 PM

That happened to me this morning. I woke up and my account had tweeted something about losing weight in 2 weeks and I deleted the tweet but 3 minutes later it happened again. I changed my password and it stopped.

I think if you change your password you're good. I was hacked a while back and that was all I had to do to fix it.

I don't if it was a bot. Almost all of my followers are people that I know and I mostly follow certified profiles and my followers and it still happens to me.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply