This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it true that the world will end on December 21st 2012?
02-03-2013, 09:25 PM
Is it true that the world will end on December 21st 2012?
Ok here's the thing, a lot of speculation has been made that the world will end by December 21st 2012 according to the Mayans. Personally I don't believe them because of the fact that I am Muslim, and as a Muslim, I believe that only Allah will decide when the world will end. Also, we have our lives ahead of us. I read some twitter posts that the world will soon end in days, and I can't understand how they can make an exact evidence without any empirical connections as well as religious beliefs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 09:33 PM

No

Ads

It is said that two planets may collide with each other creating what NASA call 'Planet X' every year these predictions are made but never happen there is a chance of it happening but is HIGHLY unlikely

The world will not end. It says specifically in the Bible, that nobody knows when the world will end. Only God does. Whenever he sends his only begotten son Jesus to our world, then it will. But nobody knows when for sure. Also, the Mayan calendar only stopped on the 21st because they ran out of room! I'm going to laugh when all the people who believe the world will end and don't follow in Jesus Christ wake up Saturday morning. They better put their faith in him from then on! Smile

No.

I don't necessarily believe the world is going to end. But I think something is going to happen on the 21st. It might be a meteor shower or comet or something that dissrupts the universe. Maybe it might be some kind of sun related thing. I forgot which year but once something in the sun sent electromagnetic waves or something to earth disrrupting all radio and communications and electricity. Scientist say if this happened in this time it could mean really bad things for north america. But who knows it might end up as nothing.

The Mayans believed that there were 7 ages of mankind. The 7th begins on 12/22/12. In 26,000 yrs that age ends and mankind ends also. But, the world does not end. Since I don't think any of us will be here in 26,000 yrs, I wouldn't worry.

The view that the world ends started from the minds of some people looking for everyone's $$$. It has taken on a life of its own but It is not the real Mayan prophecy.

No, a lot of speculation has NOT been made by the Mayans, their calendar ends same as ours does, when it runs out. Nothing happens afterwards, just as nothing happens when Dec. 31 is over.

Get a clue about internet hoaxes, you'll come across as a smarter person instead of repeating fake info that's been repeatedly refuted.

The world will not end on December 21, 2012. What we are witnessing is a confluence of a number of different apocalyptic rumours. Each one (ranging from the misinterpretation of the Mesoamerican "Long Count" calendar to the Catholic "Three Days of Darkness" prophecy) can be quickly and easily debunked by a Google search and trip to Wikipedia.

Ancient Mayan culture made no apocalyptic prophecy. Archaeologists do not have a good enough understanding of ancient Mesoamerican cosmology to understand the cultural context (and therefore intent of production) of the Long Count calendar. The rumour that it describes an apocalypse is wholly a product of misinformed popular culture. New Age thinkers in the 1970s popularized this idea (along with the rumour of a "mass conscious shift"). Similarly, the "Planet X" rumour (along with the "Planetary Alignment" rumour) are of recent vintage and quite easily debunked.

As you correctly point out, there is no empirical, folkloric, or doctrinal religious evidence to support these rumours.

We will never know