This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
will having multiple web browsers downloaded on to my laptop slow it down?
02-03-2013, 11:13 PM
will having multiple web browsers downloaded on to my laptop slow it down?
I really like safari, Firefox, and chrome and I want to have all three downloaded on to my laptop, in case one isn't working or if one is faster on a particular day. Will this affect the speeds of the browsers? I have chrome, Firefox and internet explorer and I feel like ever since I've had all three, they haven't been as fast, but maybe I'm just imagining this or it could be another problem.
I need some technical advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2013, 11:21 PM

None will affect the other. They will not slow down your computer unless you're running them all at the same time.

Ads

Making it short, no. Use them as you please.

Yes.

They are all competing with each other for limited resources, thus using all 3 for the same task (why would you bother?) creates conflict, and slows things down.

Do a timing test on each, clearing the cache each time, on the same web page, and use the browser that gives you the best results.

Rich

For three browsers. No, it really should not affect the overall speed.

Downloading 'x' number of browsers doesn't speed up or reduce the speed of internet on your machine. Downloading any number of programs has no connection with reducing speeds directly. Lets say if you have multiple browsers (Opera, Rockmelt, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, Mozilla), just downloading these programs won't affect the internet speed on your machine at all unless and until you're using all of them simultaneously. On a personal note, I'd suggest you just keep Google Chrome and any one browser as back up, because that's all what a user can need.

If you have other programs that use internet to perform (softwares connected to share markets, or online audio streaming), these result in your internet connection speed getting divided which could lead to slow speeds.

Hope this helps.

Manish Smile
http://manishahujas.blogspot.com/
http://twitter.com/manishmahuja

No it won't slow it down (as long as you don't open them all at the same time)