This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Which website would be better for starting a writing blog– Twitter or Wordpress?
02-04-2013, 01:05 AM
Which website would be better for starting a writing blog– Twitter or Wordpress?
I read an article that said the best way to get an audience before you publish a novel is to make a blog. So which site would be better?
I know Twitter is incredibly popular but I've heard Wordpress is very good for that kind of thing?
I presume the idea is for me to post chapters from my stories and write about them (although I'm new to the whole blogging thing so I'm not sure what I would put in)

Thanks!! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 01:13 AM

Twitter is basically like facebook but all you can do is status updates. Your posts are limited to very small character limits so you will not be able to share entire chapters or actual blogposts, so for this u will want to do wordpress. You COULD, however, use twitter to promote your blog, though chances are if your luck is like mine your only followers will be other writers trying to promote their novels with no intention of reading yours, as has been my experience so far :\

No harm in trying though right?

Ads

02-04-2013, 01:13 AM

Twitter is a message service. You need a blog - preferably a self-hosted Wordpress blog on your own registered domain name