This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
i feel like i have no friends in school, and no social life except studying :(?
02-04-2013, 08:05 AM
i feel like i have no friends in school, and no social life except studying :(?
okay so i'm 14 and me and my best friend lola (her name is not actually lola) hang around together everywhere. We used to hang around with a big gang of people but that's changed since we all split up. Now there's only 4 of us; me, lola, other girl friend, and her boyfriend.
We aren't exactly the "popular" kids at school, with a huge gang and parties after parties, but the sad part is that i talk to all the popular kids yet i don't hang out with them.

i don't want to boast but i am friends with a lot of popular girls and boys in my year, literally quite close with them, but that's in lesson time. At lunch and break, me and lola have no one to hang around with because everyone is in their own little groups and if we try to join in, which we haven't yet tried, then they'll just look at us like "wannabees" or "lonely people".

It hurts that i have so much fun with people in lesson but at break and lunch, we don't actually know who to talk to and where to go because everyone seems to be in their own little groups and then there's just either us two, or us four.

i have no social life, except facebook and twitter, which i can talk to people on with confidence but i never actually go out and start meeting up with friends outside school. All i do is revise for tests and prepare for my GCSE's. I even like this boy, he flirts with me so much, and he's one of the most popular boys in our year, but sometimes i don't even want to talk to him because i feel like i'm not good enough for him because i have no friends at lunch and whenever he sees me, i'm either with lola or just chatting to random people in my year! :'(

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Just talk to them and ask them to hang out with you

Ads

02-04-2013, 08:13 AM

Personally, I think having just a single great friend to spend time with is better than having a hundred friends that you drink, smoke, party, and have sex with. After school is over (for good) you won't be able to keep up with so many people, so just try to find one or two people to be great friends with.

As for Facebook...well the way the culture works nowadays, people are growing more distant because all they do is text or message others. If you can't actually have a conversation with someone over the phone, then forget about being "real" friends with them.

Unless the boy is a "good kid" and you are not a "good kid" then there is no way that you are "not good enough" for him. We're all humans with flaws.

Finally: Forget the popular kids!!!