This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a T-Shirt company and business isn't the best, how do I market and get the word out about my comp?
02-12-2013, 08:06 PM
I have a T-Shirt company and business isn't the best, how do I market and get the word out about my comp?
I know the shirts have so much more potential than what's it's being credited to! Being that I just started the clothing line January 7, 2013 I only have a limited selection! I have a company InstaGram, Twitter, & Facebook. Are there any tips so that I can get the word out to the millions of others in the world so they can purchase? Is there a company or somebody that can help me do so? Like I send them a shirt and they model it for me via their social network site etc? Help please!
Website link: http://www.kembrioclothing.com

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 08:14 PM

If you are serious about getting the word out then appear on "Shark Tank".. Even people who don't get a deal with a shark gets alot of exposure and their businesses do better afterwards.

Ads

SEO work wouldn't be a bad idea. If you or someone you know is computer savvy, you can go for the web market. You can also hire an SEO company even though its a pretty scammy business. I'm sure you've been bombarded with calls already.

You can also find stores that take consignment. Call 100 stores in your area, 17 will entertain the idea.

Your URL works, the website is cool, it can be googled if you know the name. Otherwise noone can find it. Find your niche or word for people to find you, and get yourself on a searchable list.

Good Luck

One thing you can try is a trade show there are many in the united states and they connect you with businesses that may be willing to have your product in their store. It is a little costly but this is the Traditional way tol get your product out in front of people. and maybe get lucky with a big retailer.

First I would like to say that your site is extremely clean. Loving that. It looks professional and artistic. You initial designs look great too. If I am going to be picky, I found it a bit hard to read the gray wording in your contact,faqs etc sections. Maybe darker? or Black? Your who we are/I am section is great. Simplify it even more. I really like your meaning behind the name.
Add an accent color- small amount. Graphic. Like red or turquoise or blue. Yellow? It could make it feel more artsy- custom. Are these your designs? Make sure instead of "as of right now" that your customers know these are limited edition. You could even sign them and number them like an art piece if they are truly limited. Maybe a certain design each year that way. People like to think their clothes- like themselves- are special and unique.
I would suggest selling on Ebay. You could have a store but I wouldn't want to pay the monthly, just sell individual tees. You can put the link to your site on your "about me" page and in with your tees. They won't let you put it on your actual auction but then you can get around that by saying you have a site and not actually writing it and mentioning its on your about me page. Auctions are now free, also multiple photos so you only pay when selling and of course with Paypal.
Paypal is actually owned by Ebay and is extremely secure for ordering- awesome choice.
OK- I speak too much! but I really like what you are trying to achieve and wish the best for you. ( By the way- my 18 yr old daughter liked your site too- she's an artist, I've been selling her work since she was 11 yrs. Also an architecture major in college and a clothes nut!) Etsy.com is another idea. You can have a store there under your name.