This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I just feel like opening up to someone anonymous...?
02-12-2013, 10:24 PM
I just feel like opening up to someone anonymous...?
I am 16 now, but when i was 13 i started having really bad anxiety, which caused me to be home-schooled towards the end of my 7th grade. 8th and 9th grades were fine, but in 10th grade my anxiety came back worse. When i started having my anxiety, i became more and more antisocial, which led to me feeling like i was becoming awkward. This year i am in 11th grade - i still have anxiety but now i am old enough to drop out - which i did. Now i feel like a complete loser and am extremely depressed. I am not suicidal or anything but i feel like a complete loser and i hate this feeling. I am the youngest of 3 brothers and 1 sister. I am an uncle. I am the only one of the my parent's kids to drop out. My mom and dad are understanding though, due to my horrible anxiety. I still feel really depressed, though.
My family is also pretty poor. Every year our heat and cable go out around January time and stays out until March. With no heat, we get no showers. So now i have to take a 30 minute drive, back and forth, to take a shower, which is extremely annoying... Did i mention all my friends smoke weed and won't hang out with me cause i won't? Well that is another reason i feel like a loser. I have no friends. My only "friend" is a 20 year old who is a complete dumbass and i only talk to him through Facebook. I haven't left my house to hang out with friends for almost a year now...
If you read this far, i appreciate it. I know this isn't a straight-up question, but i just felt like opening up. Well, i'm done here. Thanks, again. Goodbye.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2013, 10:32 PM

You sir, sound like a good man, and honestly, sht does get better.

Ads

02-12-2013, 10:32 PM

It's never too late to improve a sucky situation. You sound pretty intelligent/mature especially for being able to admit your problems and express how you feel about them. I think the main source of your issues comes from your anxiety and it's impossible to fix anything else while you still suffer these attacks. The best way to go about this would be counseling/therapy since it's really difficult to fix on your own and home-schooling only helps you to avoid the problems, not face them. Most schools can offer you free counseling if you want to consider going back to high school but if not, check with your insurance company or talk to your parents about it. In cases like these, most insurance companies would cover at least some kind of therapy. It was brave of you to go against your friends and not smoke weed so congrats on staying true to yourself in this case Smile
Before anything else focus on improving your anxiety enough so that you can consider going back to school because your depression probably comes from the fact that you're disappointed in yourself for dropping out. Don't beat yourself up about these things because they happened/had to happen in the long run. Now you have the opportunity to work on getting yourself back in the game xD good luck