This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do young parents have so much extra time for facebook?
02-13-2013, 09:38 AM
How do young parents have so much extra time for facebook?
I'm only 20 years old and half my facebook friends/ old real friends, have at least 1 kid, some 2. All they ever do is sit on facebook!
They constantly post pictures and share pictures and make a status every 5 minutes and talk to friends and like pages and URG!
If I had a baby at my age I would be consumed by him/her whether it be taking care of it or loving it or playing with it! I used to think it would be so hard to have a kid at such a young age but these parents don't do ANYTHING with their kids!
They go out to parties and hang out with friends and go shopping and buy new iphones and blackberries. It's driving me insane.

Am I the only one pissed off by this?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 09:46 AM

I am a young working mom (I'm 22) and I don't get it either. I don't like being away from my daughter and I see all these girls I went to high school with posting pictures of partying every weekend while their parents are home raising their children. Makes me sick.

Ads

Well they are to young to understand that having a kid(s) is a big deal. They most likely have time for this stuff because they get their parents to watch the kids while the parents do their own thing. They feel as if their kid wasn't there, they probably feel as if they are to young to deal with a kid(s) so they go out and party, etc. Since they are too young to understand the importantcy of the situation they ignore the feeling of parenting.

My oldest cousin is now in her mid 30s. When she was I think, 22 she had her first child. ALL she did was go on fb, post pictures, etc. Some people found it cool and asked her how she did it but I already knew the answer: she DIDNT spend time with her kids at all. I was right. When my cousin and her husband would want to go out with friends, to the bar, restaurants, they'd literally dump their kids at her mother's house (my aunt's house). Sometimes she'd do it without calling and asking first, treating my aunt like some 24/7 babysitter. Now her and her kids are not that close as the parents are away.

So yea if you have an active social 24/7 life with friends, something's gotta give. And that is usually the valuable and necessary precious family bonding time spent with your kids.