This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
OK say I build a basic web site how do I make money from it?
02-13-2013, 07:22 PM
OK say I build a basic web site how do I make money from it?
How much can I make realistically? What is the best way to make money from it? I have made one web site and so far I made a dollar in a month if that from google ad sense :-(
Can you make money from a content site?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 07:30 PM

Selling a product or a service. The more unique, the better. And even better if there are a lot of people out there who truly benefit from the product or service

Ads

You really have to offer something that people want and then drive traffic to your site. Encourage people to your site by maybe offering something free and capture their email addresses and then sell to them. Its a lot more complex than that. But that is a basic idea, you cannot just make money from a website that sits there doing nothing.

You have to get incredibly popular, hopefully people will pay you to have ads on your site! Also, you could make something cost money on the site, like a pay-to-play game! Hope I helped

There are 3 basic ways to make money from a website:
1. Sell products or services from the website
2. Sell advertisements that appear on the website (which is essentially what Google ad sense is).
3. Sell memberships to a subscription portion of the website

For #1, you have to have a product or service that people are willing to buy, and you have to be able to provided it at a price that is competitive but still leaves you with a net profit.

For #2 you just need as much traffic on your website as possible. Whether you get paid per click on the ads or just for each viewing of the page with the ad on it, more traffic means more income. The key is that you have to actually have content on your website that people want to see.

For #3 you have to have some sort of information that people will be willing to pay for it. You'll generally need a "free" section that gives people enough info to convince them that the paid version of the site is worth it.

How much can you make? It depends how popular your website is. The founder of Facebook is now a billionaire so there really isn't a maximum. You determine your own income based on the quality of your website and how good you are at selling it in one of the 3 ways listed above.

well the adsense version and other affiliate programs are one way to go, but I found a video that you may want to watch that might actually help you make some extra cash in an easy way. Mind you it probably wont make you rich, but you may want to consider checking it out at

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls71rsSq02A

Fistly it's not like waving a magic wand. To make money you have to sell something (or at least appear to be selling something). You could be selling something direct or you could be selling advertising, information or selling on behalf of someone else (affiliate). But you see the point: You are selling and therefore someone must be buying. Why would those buyers buy from your website? How would they know your websoite exists? How many visitors would you need to guarantee a percentage of buyers? How much would thouse buyers be prepared to pay for what you are providing? And how much would you have to pay to get what you are providing (profit margin).
One way to easily test the water is to use Adsense.
And it seems you have done that and it's not great is it? Believe it or not I started there, a few cents each day. After 5/6 years it is now a few pounds a day and some paid advertising. If you are interested in our advertising rates and visitor numbers etc. have a look here (I suppose you could say it is a content site) http://www.shareworld.co.uk/index.php/ab...advertise/

If you choose to post links, I recommend http://adf.ly/?id=514180 You get paid for the links being clicked (about $4 per 1000 clicks) it's not much, but money is money.