This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why in the comments I'm getting are people telling my to giv up Christianity?
02-13-2013, 11:14 PM
Why in the comments I'm getting are people telling my to giv up Christianity?
I chose the life as a Christian when I was 4 and I have lived by that choice ever since!! I want to live a life of fulfilling God's word and I want to keep myself pure! I am so serious about it that I did the purity ring promise! I'm not orthodox and I'm sorry for those who were givinme advice I appreciate it but I was getting stupid answers like I cover my manhood why don't you? Again I apologize I'm just under alot of stress right now *cough*bullying*cough* :*-( ...

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2013, 11:22 PM

Why do atheist people tell us, to stop shoving religion down their throat...then come to a religious section?

Ads

Did you know what you were doing when you were 4?
Could you drive?
Could you vote?

because they hate the truth

When did the ability to drive and vote dictate our ability to make a choice?... I'm fairly certain I was able to drive prior to being able to vote.. did that mean I was only able to make half choices? oh and I wasn't able to make the legal choice to drink until I was 21.. so does that mean I was only able to make 1/3 of a choice?

Sorry that was a rant.

I would never tell you to give up Christianity. But, I would laugh at you for embracing ridiculous beliefs. You see, I believe that feigning respect for ideas that don't deserve it sends the wrong message and I won't do it.

But, you go right ahead and believe whatever you want to believe for whatever reasons you want to believe. It really is your business, and not mine. And, the only thing that should be important to you is whether or not you can prove your own beliefs to yourself. But, if you tell me that you believe in something ridiculous, I will laugh at you for it.

Wouldn't you rather I make it clear to you that you are making a fool out of yourself, so that you might make a change for the better, than to allow you to continue in the illusion that your ridiculous beliefs just might be true?

And, remember, you can't count on people who love you to tell you these things. The only people who will tell you these things are people who are not emotionally involved with you. I have no motivation to lie to you or deceive you - not even to spare your feelings - so, you can trust that I'm telling you the truth, to the best of my ability. Make of that what you will.

Don't let it trouble you, Skye. It's harsh here, and you're very young. You will learn over time not to care what such people think (except to pity them and show mercy to them). If you post questions here, you WILL get snarky answers. There are a whole host of disillusioned kids (and even a few adults) on here who get their amusement by posting snotty, abrasive, unkind, unhelpful "answers." Seriously, ignore them. And seriously, stop worrying about the hijab thing. If you really want to do it, just get a nice full scarf and wear it over your hair. That will answer to what Paul seems to be requiring, though IMO, it is a cultural command and not prescriptive for the church outside that culture.

Because you shouldn't live a life based in fear and stupidity over 2,000 year old jewish lies they created to control you.

Life is a journey, and we were all born to question.

Good/bad
Life/death

Christianity has some very defining motives that have shaped our lives, and our culture to what it has become today. It most definitely would be a different world without it, and the other varying religions.

However, most of us have modern day resources...the news...media...social networking to learn from each other, as well as experiences. Those experiences have taken over in some ways...in shaping today's society.

I feel as if in this vast world, despite what you may or not believe you have to have tolerance and understanding. Learn a little about other religions, and find a way to somewhat understand them.

In the end, all religions are worshiping the same God. They all just have different prophets. So really, we should be respectful in how others choose to, or not to worship.

I was a Christian for many years, went to private Christian schools and over the years, being a questioner I'd ask...seeking answers. Sometimes we bash one another, because it's easier, than making others understand. By making others look bad...it makes us feel or look good. Yet we're ridden with guilt.

I can now accept death. And that this may well be my one and only life. So I take different teachings, to be a do-gooder. I find some Christians spend more time/money proselytizing than acting like Jesus. It's so unfortunate that by buying a sticker for the back of your car...you feel like your a do-gooder.

But, on the other side...Not everything in the Bible is as pure as you are. It's ridden with death, rape, murder...It's horrendous. It's been claimed, that the 'magical' parts were added later. And that Mary may have been raped by Romans.

We'll never know. And despite it being the truth, it has a lot of bad content. I much prefer The Good Book...Which is the Bible, but with the heinous parts taken out.

And lastly, when others pick on you. Feel strong, for who you are...no matter what we all eventually believe, or not believe...we should be tolerant. A good way of deflecting is to ask atheists questions, like why, or how they came to be that way. Instead of attacking them. Also, in return...they need to hope that you like your beliefs, but have questions too...

Peace out.