This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it really that bad to tell a girl she looks tired?
02-13-2013, 11:56 PM
Is it really that bad to tell a girl she looks tired?
There's this beautiful girl I work with (I'm a guy and I work at American Eagle) and I kind of have a little bit of a crush on her. Today at work I said "Hey, what's up" to her and that she looked tired. And I didn't mean that she looked tired in a bad way though, she actually looked absolutely beautiful today. So I was on her twitter and saw she tweeted basically saying, "There's nothing worse than someone telling you that you look tired.. Thanks I know I look ugly today" and now I feel really stupid. I feel like I just lost any chance I had with getting with her. And also, I don't have her number or hang out with her outside of work, I just work with her.
So now I don't know what to do because it obviously looks like that was definitely the wrong thing to say, even though I didn't mean it in the way she took it. But I also don't want to let her know that I didn't mean it that way, because I don't follow her on twitter, so she would think I'm a creeper.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 12:04 AM

now thats kinda an insult

Ads

That's not an insult, at least depending on how you say it. If you said it with a bit of concern in your tone it would sound like you care about the fact that she was tired. If you said it with a bit of apalling or disgust she would be insulted.

You got nothing to lose by doubling down. Tomorrow tell her she looks like a f*ckin' zombie. Make fun of her. In a playful, confident way. Use this as an opportunity to try out a new personality aspect. Chicks dig edgy confident guys who aren't afraid of them. Or not; just a thought.