This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can somebody please explain what twitter isss?
02-14-2013, 08:10 AM
Can somebody please explain what twitter isss?
i don't understand what it iss.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 08:18 AM

me either

Ads

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters, displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers). Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow anybody to access them. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. The service is free to use over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees

Twitter is a free social networking and micro-blogging service that enables its users to send and read other users' updates known as tweets. Tweets are text-based posts of up to 140 characters, displayed on the user's profile page and delivered to other users who have subscribed to them (known as followers). Senders can restrict delivery to those in their circle of friends or, by default, allow anybody to access them. Users can send and receive tweets via the Twitter website, Short Message Service (SMS) or external applications. The service is free to use over the Internet, but using SMS may incur phone service provider fees.

basicly people/celebs go on and tell everyone what there doing...this is know as tweeting...and thats alll twitter really is...i can sum it up in one word....boring

Twitter is a social networking site just like Facebook or MySpace, but it's only status updates. (You'll understand that a lot better if you have a facebook or myspace.) You just update what you're doing every so often so people can see it, and you can see what other people are doing, too. A lot of celebrities have Twitters, so you can see what they're up to.

Check this out for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter

Twitter is a website where people can post what they are doing in that exact moment, in 140 characters or less. It's best for celebrities and people who are famous because they can update their fans. But people who have no lives or are really bored also have one just to update what they do every few minutes.

its like face book but not...
you put updates of what your doing and people who are following you can see them and reply.
Its mostly used to follow celebrities (which i do) and you can get information about upcoming tours weeks before its announced , like i did with blink 182 (following mark hoppus)
Its free and way easy to use

Its where you update what your doing/looking forward to/planning...or basically anything you want.
It has absolutley no point. It is a waste of time.
If anyone wants to add me its Jennaisfly, btw!!!!

How to get a lot of twitter followers or autotweet or do anything successful on twitter hmm... well you could do it the long way... tweeting. Tweeting some more. A lot more tweets. Try to pimp your profile. Beg.

Or you could try software. There's a few out there.

My friend uses this to get more followers at http://www.twitterblaster.com

She got about 1,000 followers overnight. Not too shabby.

Check out http://www.thetraffickey.com/twitter - they have a really great guide there on using twitter effectively.