This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would you leave your life behind, the pursue your dream?
02-14-2013, 12:00 PM

I would follow my dreams, there is always live web chat over the internet , its not as if we live in the dark ages anymore as communication is easier. Live your dream or you may regret it when you are older. Your family and friends will keep in touch and it will be a great holiday destination for them. Good luck and happy sailing

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Well, it depends. If you and your boyfriend are really commited, he should come to. If this is your dream, take it!! Your situation is tuff, but you need to recognize what's best for you. Also think if this new job is offering you a lot of money, you can come back to visit

Ads

It's tuff but u have to weigh up its worth. I.e are u positive u will be wit ur bf this time next year, regardless of this job offer? Friends will always be friends and obviously your family will always be there. It's part of life to make your own destiny. I faced the same kind of situation once before. I left my gf my friends etc and moved; it was hard to deal with but my life is amazing now and I have more options then had I not left

I have a very similar problem and its tearing me up maybe there is no right or wrong answer, for some people marriage is more important than career, for others the opposite and for me I still have no clue. It differs from one person to another, but I think the only right answer is FOLLOW YOUR HEART at least when you follow your heart and at the end everything gets screwed up, you can say at least I acted as I felt.
Do what paulo coelho says FOLLOW YOUR PERSONAL LEGEND what you were born to do whatever that is. We all have a path on this earth find yours. Don't compromise and fight to get all your dreams (boyfriend , family and job) but if u cant then follow your heart.
Always remain in touch with your family, they r the only true thing. Remember distance isn't about how many miles away u r. GOOD LUCK <3

I have done something like that. I made several moves for my job within the US and 13 years ago moved to Italy when my job was transferred here form Colorado. In my case, making the move did not mean losing contact with my friends and family back in the US. I probably see some people as much now as before I made the move. They have an incentive to come and visit since there's a free place to stay in Europe. I also get back to the US several times a year. There's are also e-mails, phones, social media and photo sharing sites where you can maintain contact.

The move to Italy has worked out great for me. I've been able to travel throughout Italy and Europe and the people here are wonderful.