This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I block someone from seeing my tweets and at the same time remain public/unprotected?
02-14-2013, 02:08 PM
Can I block someone from seeing my tweets and at the same time remain public/unprotected?
My dad followed me on twitter. I blocked him. But he said that when he searches my name in the discover section he can still see my tweets because they are unlocked. I don't want to lock my tweets because I like being retweeted by friends. Is there anyway I can block my dad even further? Can I make it so he can't search me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 02:16 PM

If you have blocked him on twitter, it should block him from seeing your tweets, so you must have done something wrong, buddy. Try unblocking him and blocking him again.

Ads

02-14-2013, 02:16 PM

Hi Sally-

No, it's not possible to do what you want. When your Tweets are unlocked, that makes them public - anyone can see them, even people without a Twitter account. Since your dad knows your Twitter handle, he will always be able to see your Tweets if your account is unlocked because he doesn't even have to sign in.

If you REeeeelly don't want him to see them, you're going to have to lock your Tweets. ):