This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do you post a youtube video and say that the material is not owned by you?
02-14-2013, 06:37 PM
How do you post a youtube video and say that the material is not owned by you?
I've been trying to upload a video using a song I don't own and clips I don't own. I'm not trying to plagerize, I want to credit whoever owns the clips and music. How do I do this? On youtube, as well as facebook (although I don't care as much about facebook).

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 06:45 PM

The only way to find out is to upload it. A 'matched third party content' notice will come up. Read what it says, often you will not have to do anything, they will place ads on the video.
It will tell you everything once it's uploaded.

Ads

Hi, If you want to avoid youtube copyrights, you should write this in your video.
"Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for "fair use" for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use" .
It works for me. Good luck

call up youtube and tell them that you own the material