This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why are people so judgemental when it comes to music?
02-14-2013, 06:51 PM
Why are people so judgemental when it comes to music?
I 'liked' the band flyleaf on facebook the other day and i suddenly got a bunch of messages from friends saying that they suck and i have a horrible taste in music.
They all told me that i should be listening to rap.

I just don't understand why it matters what i listen to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 06:59 PM

It doesnt matter what you listen to. You're friends are just d**ks

Ads

You're a teenager, amirite?

The older you get, the less it matters.

@Nat: but it was a 'question' that I asked, not a point that I made, so validation is unnecessary...amirite?

oh, and btw, I gave *you* a thumbs up, muah!

It doesn't at all! Listens to what u want and like it! It's ur choice and who cares. I remember when I listened to all this heavy metal music an people were just like wth. If ur friends like rap music that's their opinion and I they don't like ur taste well they can go suck it coz it honestly doesn't affect them I'm any way

People need things to complain about because they're tired of their boring, miserable lives
If they feel the need to criticize what you listen to, then they're not your friends

@Toby Its a bit Hypocritical of Black Veil Brides to go spray painting "Death to Hip-hop" on the side a car on their "Legacy" video though, right?

A person's taste in music in quite personal. Those people who messaged you criticizing you are not your friends. If they were, they would respect your opinions on music. They are ignorant to say you 'should' like rap. A person likes what they like. Be proud of being an individual. It doesn't matter what you listen to as long as you like it.

We live in such a stupid world........

You hear all the time "It's ok to be gay, lesbian, transgendered" and "Racism is bad" and "don't be a bully" and all of these nice liberal ideas

And then, you like Black Veil Brides or One Direction or something and all of a sudden seemingly these same people will turn around and be like "BVB and/or 1D and/or WHOEVER SUCKS! If you like them YOU SUCK! & YOU'RE GAY! GO TO HELL BIOTCH!" basically

Like, what the f*ck?

The world can respect peoples sexuality and race now but can't respect peoples differences in musical tastes? SMH...

We live in immature society.

Notice it's not only about music, your religion (or lack of it), clothes, sexual preferences etc.
People try to surround themselves with "cool" people to look "cool" themselves by hanging out with people that got similar taste in as many things as possible.

When someone see you like different kind of music, you're not straight etc, you will encounter hostility from people that don't support it (therefore your "friends"), trying to defend their "cool" style.

"They all told me that i should be listening to rap." - if everyone would be listening to one kind of music only it would be dull and boring world, wouldn't it?
No one said that if you like rap, you can't like rock or hip-hop? Or you must choose only one?
It's just immature behave.

I personally keep things I like/dislike to myself and tell about them only if asked. This way no one will criticize me for things of my choosing. I'm trying to be not judgmental myself until someone really trying to push this hobby/music/style of his/her in to my mouth, literally.

So in simple words. It matters >for them< because it defines who they are by with who they hanging out (and their preferences).
Should you worry about all this? No. You could, but only if it would bring you money.

These people are close minded, and dislike whatever is different from what they like.

It doesn't matter what they think of what you listen to. You should just listen to what you like.

I disliked Opiner because she put ''amirite'', but her point is still valid (I suppose).