This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How will going off the Fiscal Cliff affect disabled people on SSI, Food Stamps, and Section 8?
02-14-2013, 07:49 PM
How will going off the Fiscal Cliff affect disabled people on SSI, Food Stamps, and Section 8?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-14-2013, 07:57 PM

They will have to do without

Ads

The same way the housing bubble affected them.
The same way Stock market drop has affected them.
The same way the 401k debacle has affected them.

Not one bit, jot tittle, iota.

Were not going over the cliff....they play this game all the time....and always work it out at the last minute.....besides...I don't think these things would be affected

they were supposed to make determination by today and they didn't do it, or do it as planned. They did make some last minute changes but didn't name the cuts. Not much getting done there in washington. what they did plan for was higher taxes for those earning over $25,000 I think and that would affect some who are disabled and seniors but still working. I know they wanted to lower food stamps for some and stop unemployment compensation for those on extended payments and some seniors are on UC but that didn't go thru since they gave UC people one more year of assistance. See the problem is that the debt is so high that America owes that no matter what they cut people will be hurting, and the fact is that even if they reduced the monies people get from welfare that still would not be enough to pay that debt. If they continue to drag their feet and do nothing or way too little then we'd be like Greece and go to austerity measures. So I guess what I'm saying to you is no matter what they choose to do it's best for us, you and me and everyone else, to cut our expenses to the bone to do our part.

Social Security is just the poster child for politicians. Even if we fell off the fiscal cliff (we didn't, which is no big surprise, since they always wait until the last minute), they cannot touch Social Security money. That is the law.

It's like "think of the poor children" line by scam charities that are really thinking of their bank line. It's a scam perpetrated by the media and politicians.

I read today that those chronically unemployed living on unemployment checks, those will be still intact, up to one year longer. I have no idea if the food stamps or SSI will still be available.
This was after the Senate vote today. I have yet to retrieve the results of the House.

Just to let you know "fiscal Cliff" is one of the most voted phrase to be banished come 2013.

Anyway,
just imagine if you lost your only income

If those things were cut out, anyone relying on them for their daily food would starve.