This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is "Twitter", or what does it mean?
09-30-2012, 12:02 PM
What is "Twitter", or what does it mean?
I am curoius? Is it a new fad or something?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 12:10 PM

Twitter is a new blogging website, where you can let everyone know what you're doing...at each and every second o.o
twitter.com
It does seem like a new fad...almost like the new xanga or so. Although I like Twitter because you can keep it short and simple. xD

Ads

twitter kindda the sound birds make,,but it seems like you wanna know bout the social network site twitter.com where one can type about what one is doing, whats one wants etc in just 140 characters. not really effective in finding friends though.

Go to twitter.com and read all the FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) to understand Twitter and what you can do with it. Basically, the Twitter people act as a central point for you to broadcast short (140 characters or less) text messages (or you can enter a message from the twitter website) to a 'following' you have of people who read your twitter messages.
You can also sign on to follow other people's twitter messages. It's just a way or text messaging or messaging a huge bunch of people at once if you want to. And reading what other people are doing without being involved with them.
For instance, I follow Jimmy Fallon's tweets (I think that is what the message is called) and of course I don't know the guy. And I didn't have to ask his permission to get his tweets. He's probably got thousands of people getting his updates.
I also follow Ashton Kutcher's tweets. And my sister-in-law's (they are a WHOLE lot less interesting).
Some people send a lot of tweets from their cell phones all day: 'I'm getting in my car and going to work now.' 'I'm stuck in traffic AGAIN' 'I can't believe the cafeteria doesn't have relish for burgers' 'I'm crying because I got a bad grade' blah, blah, blah.
I also follow Tony Robbins, the motivational speaker. Some of his tweets are - motivational!