This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do i know when my guinea pig is happy?
02-15-2013, 12:52 AM
How do i know when my guinea pig is happy?
I am a new Guinea Pig owner and I'm not quite sure how to tell whether she is happy, scared, angry etc.
Whenever I put her on my bed to play with her she runs around squealing quite loudly, jumps around and then looks out the window squealing some more. Or when she is in her cage she will just out of nowhere start squealing. I am quite concerned because I really don't want her to be scared etc. I know that she is a social creature and I am getting her a companion in the next week or two. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 01:00 AM

A companian should help. Animals don't like to be alone. They also need things to do while they're in their habit. Make sure she has "projects" and things to chew on. Also, give her/them a place where they can hide and feel secure.

Ads

Squeaking means that she is either excited or scared. Purring in a medium to high sound means they are happy. Purring in a low manner means their pissed, and so does chittering. Chirping is really rare and they only do it if they are really really REALLY happy.

I'm glad that you are worried about this and thinking about your pet! When a guinea pig does that shes probably scared but it's not your fault! Just try to slowly gain her trust by just sitting next to her and feeding her and stuff like that Smile. Make sure she has a friend guinea pig because it will make her less shy and try to let her live in your room so she can hear and smell you all the time.
Good luck :3