This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does Globalization guarantee that Social Conservatism is doomed to historical oblivion?
02-15-2013, 01:35 AM
Does Globalization guarantee that Social Conservatism is doomed to historical oblivion?
It's kind of hard to say "My race/religion/homophobia/misogyny is superior to yours!" when your formative experiences are centered around diverse groups.

And when you grow up seeing different peoples in the media and in communities, you quickly realize that narrow-mindedness doesn't fit in with reality.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 01:43 AM

Yes

Ads

Makes sense to me.

I think you've got social conservatism confused with ethnocentrism.

Getting rid of our 1st amendment protections is something you're looking forward to? I won't even go into your shoddy perception of what social conservatism is about other than to point it out.

Considering how fast Muslims are over-taking the European population, your global dream might be sharia law, libs.

I am certainly no supporter of globalization (just to be clear before answering)....
but......
With time there will be new coalitions.....and those that adhere to "conservative" social values far outnumber those who are very liberal in such regards. In fact.....with time.....I would think it would get FAR worse in terms of such values for homosexuals and women than is currently the state of things. While it is just the west controlling things for the moment....things are unlikely to change much....but as the power shifts so will civil values. There is likely to be movement to a more savage and brutal environment than you might believe. People tend to forget history, and for some reason this current generation tends to ignore that which is plainly in front of its face.