This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iPhone 3gs update??!!! PLEASE HELP?
02-15-2013, 03:04 AM
iPhone 3gs update??!!! PLEASE HELP?
I have iPhone 3gs.
Apps such as instagram and facebook (even on safari) will no longer open and the one which I am extremely frustrated about is whatsapp, due to the fact that I need 'iOS 4.3'
I currently have iOS 4.2.1

My problem: I dont know how to download it!!!
My phone is compatible with iOS 4.3 but there's no update option in my settings and on itunes, the only update seems to be itunes update which I've done now :o
PLEASSEE help me find a resolution!!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 03:12 AM

So you have plugged it into iTunes and selected check for updates on the phone section? And you have gone to settings > general > software update? If neither of these work, head to an apple store. They are always. Great help!

Ads

When you open I Tunes and plug your I Phone in you should get the option to update the IOS, If not try selecting your phone on the left column of Itunes and check for updates.
Hope this helps

Most maintained apps now require at least iOS 4.3.

The current version is iOS 6.0.1, and it does support the iPhone 3GS (the 3rd generation iphone). You should update.

iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4623
- scroll down and click "Update your device using iTunes"

iOS 4.2.1 was the last version that supported the iPhone 3G (the 2nd generation iphone). If you click "Check for updates" in iTunes and it says something a long the lines of: Your device cannot upgrade further it is up to date, that would mean you really have an iPhone 3G.