This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
A rock band won't give me my prize I won?!?
02-15-2013, 02:39 PM
A rock band won't give me my prize I won?!?
Hey everyone,
So back in October one of my favorite rock bands were holding a contest for the best cover of one of their songs (I won't name the band, just for privacy) and I won. I was supposed to win a free signed EP, and anything from the merch store. So after I won, the lead singer told me to email her so I did.. and she never responded. I even Facebook messaged her through the band's fan page and she said "I'll get back to you soon!!"
So, it's been about two months and I still haven't had ANY responses. But the band is fully active on their Facebook pages and instagram, twitter, etc. Not to mention their merch store too ! It's like they're ignoring me on purpose to avoid giving me free stuff. I wouldn't usually be upset with this, but this cover I made not only included a cover of the song, but a music video too. I spent a whole weekend working on it, and I'm pretty ticked off! Is there anything I can do to get my prizes? I doubt I could take any legal action. I'm just so upset and disappointed. It's like working on an A+ project and not getting your mark. Sad Any help would be great, thanks.
And how am I to "sue them" ? I'm only 15, would my parents do it ? And what exactly for? Lol I need to know if it's worth it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 02:47 PM

Take legal action.

You get to sue people AND give them free press. Everyone wins.

Ahh, okay them. Tell me the name of the band and me and some buddies will see what we can do.

Ads

Sue them

message them and email them and tweet them or whatever else you can, a bunch of times every day. if they still dont respond, sue them.

You said it yourself, you're only 15, and actually entered a contest for a COVER SONG. So you're a retard in every possible way.