This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to reset my dell latitude d610 laptop?
02-15-2013, 03:28 PM
How to reset my dell latitude d610 laptop?
I don't have a disk

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 03:36 PM

Dell.com support usually keep pressing f11 after restart if the dell laptop has a hidden recovery partiton on it , again go to dell support and input in restoring my laptop back to factory setting should have the info for it edit : http://www.ehow.com/how_8353346_systems-...-d610.html

Ads

Hello Rickey,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell.
If your restore partition is intact, you should be able to restore your computer's software back to factory settings without using the operating system disk. You can follow the instructions from http://support.dell.com/support/topics/g...egacy=true

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities

Try "recovery" and go back to an earlier time.

I bought a Latitude D-series (or six) off eBay without recovery disks.

If you are the registered owner, you can get a set of disks from Dell for "about $30" - if you are not the registered owner, run a search for Dell Latitude recovery disks on eBay for the operating system that you have the COA for on the bottom of the laptop. If you can get the set with both disks (operating system and utilities & drivers - great - if not, you can get one made by one of several places on eBay that offers all the drivers for the make & model that will automatically install them for you. Price may vary.

Take it and start the computer with it in the optical drive and it will start up and have it do a clean install - all your personal files will be wiped out as it does the installation.

After it is done, you can pop in disk 2 (drivers & utilites) or a version from eBay. Or you can save money while spending a little time.

Get on the internet and go to Dell.com; click on Technical Support; and let the webpage scan your laptop to sort out the best drivers for YOUR computer by operating system. Download and save the ones for your operating system to a flash drive (or the Downloads section of your user profile).

Print out the page with the recommended installation order (you really do get a much better performance out of the computer if you follow that order - trust me on this - I ended up doing a second clean install on that computer and did it over because the performance was not up to what I knew it could do BEFORE the clean install).

Reboot as needed. Run Windows Update and reboot some more. When it catches up to the current updates - you'll have a clean install, the best drivers for the laptop, and you're ready for the last step.

Flash the BIOS to the most current reccommended for your laptop & operating system - the BIOS can improve battery life, among other things. You have to have it plugged in, the battery in & charged up past the 50% point (this takes power and you don't want to do it underpowered), and follow the instructions from the Tech Support page.

You're finished and the computer should be clean, ready to roll, and in good shape.