This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
- Should I stop playing on the xbox during my GCSE's?
02-15-2013, 11:21 PM
- Should I stop playing on the xbox during my GCSE's?
I am currently in Year 9, and am 14 years old. In my school, we have started our GCSE's early, quite obviously, and I'm currently taking the following courses; Mathematics, English Language, English Literature, Chemistry, Biology, Physics, History, French, ICT, RE and PE. I'm also doing a CIDA (which is another form of an IT qualification). In year 11, two years later, I will be doing two extra courses, one of which is Statistics, and the other hopefully Geography.

I'm not necessarily a bad student, I've been predicted mostly A's and B's yet a teacher recently phoned home regarding my lack of... effort in one of my English lessons. I was quite a bad behaved child in year 7 but I have recently grown out of it.

I, like most teens, enjoy playing xbox, yet my mother feels I play it too much. Granted, I don't do much but homework, talk to friends on social media, watch netflix, and obviously play xbox. She expects me to be this wonder child, who 'studies' for 2 hours a day; no one of my questions is - what am I supposed to study at this point in my school life, with no exams for about a year.

She said that next year, for the whole year, I won't be allowed to play my xbox - at all. She really want's me to succeed in life and I understand why, but don't you think that's a bit too much? What do you think? I mean, maybe only on the weekends would be fine right? And how do I convince her to let me? She is quite stubborn and sometimes I honestly hate her. So to reiterate ;-

What am I supposed to study at this age?
How do I convince my mother to let me play xbox on weekends?
Thank you Bethany May, I will take that into consideration. :')
Jahsus; although I was hoping for serious answers, I found yours surprisingly funny Big Grin
Oh, Bethany; as a GCSE student; how many hours did you study a day?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-15-2013, 11:29 PM

That's ridicules, GCSEs are stress full, in some ways more than A levels because you doing so many subjects.
What you need to do is pay attention in class (i know its hard) revise well and try your hardest. But if you dont play the xbox for that entire time or dont do whatever you do to relax they will drive you mad, if all you think about is GCSEs you wont get good grades you will lose all the will to your best.
Just dont play it ALL the time and you will be fine, but seriously you will go insane if you dont give yourself a brake. I did.
Particularly year 11.

Ads

Go up to your mother, slap her in the face and say "listen to me woman, its my life, i will make time to study and i will get good grades, but you will not take away my xbox, or will go and take a dump on your bed". now this may sound extreme, but trust me it works. and remember, if she does take it away, then you have to follow through and take a dump on her bed. then, even if you lose your xbox for a while, she will never cross you in the future...

Good news! If you don't study much now, then when you're an adult you can spend all day on your xbox...because you wont be able to get a job. Even though there are no exams just yet, it always pays to study and learn as much as you can.
Your life...your decision.