This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it wrong to not want to be friends with your mom on Facebook?
02-16-2013, 02:24 AM
Is it wrong to not want to be friends with your mom on Facebook?
I just don't want my mom rummaging through every inch of my life like that. I don't want to have to worry about my mom looking at everything that goes on my wall or every picture I'm in, even if it isn't bad. I just don't want to have the "so what was that on your wall" conversation. I want a Facebook to keep in touch with friends, but I don't have one for this reason. Is this wrong?
I've seen her spy on my brother's wall all the time and question things on there, so that is why I'm worried. She will definitely find me if I get a Facebook. Along with my dad, siblings, grandparents, cousins, aunts and uncles, etc.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 02:32 AM

yes its wrong

Ads

You might not have her on your friends list. But who gives a damn if she isn't on your friends list? Because I am sure she is in your heart and loved. Hope I helped!

No it's not wrong. I mean, people get offended, but I understand. My dad is the only one that uses FB, but I could care less if he looks at my wall, only because I don't post anything bad I do on FB.

But I remember when my mom use to just walk in my room and stare at things and pick stuff up. It was annoying.

Well I don't have a facebook, but if I did there is no way my kids would add me...and I know this...I can always find out what I need to know , other ways! So no I don't think it is that bad that you don't want to add her, but you know if you tell her you don't want to add her she might think it is b/c you have something you want to hide...so good luck!

Add her and block her from seeing your post

No is not wrong to not want to be your mom friend on Facebook but you should talk to your mom explain to her that Facebook is for you and your friends but also you must respect your self on Facebook no cursing and half naked pics because this is not only Disrespecting your mom but future colleges won't accept you due to these type of behavior. Also there are ways to post certain status and comments that allows the people you want to see it but the only problem is the fact your mom has to actually go on your page herself to read them

ino exactly how you feel. my mum is trying to be friends with me but the difference is she is threatning to deactivate my account. just tell her how you feel. i am going now to hav a chat with my mum right now, so i hope all goes well for u too! x

i think there is no wrong ! i have the same experience with you too. I just don't want to be spy all the time. just let me have fun with all my friends.