This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can someone help me understand this question for my media studies essay:?
02-16-2013, 03:10 AM
Can someone help me understand this question for my media studies essay:?
. Compare the processes of advertising for mass media (such as television and radio) with that of advertising for social networking media. How are ‘audiences’ for advertising constructed in each case?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 03:18 AM

Compare the processes of advertising for mass media (such as television and radio) with that of advertising for social networking media.

Easy, what are the differences and similarities between advertisements on the radio and television versus that of, for example, Myspace and Facebook.

"How are ‘audiences’ for advertising constructed in each case?"

How do you bring people to the content, for example, action shows with a lot of violence and guns attract younger people, probably mostly males, daytime television probably attract non working people, stay at home moms and dads. Social media sites cater to certain groups and will attract those types of people, LinkedIn attracts working professionals, Myspace attracts younger generations, and Facebook mostly college students, some more mature people also.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply