This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What does the # mean on twitter?
09-30-2012, 12:06 PM
What does the # mean on twitter?
I don't get it. I just got a twitter and I get the @(name) but when people write something like #goodpeople i get confused. So what does it mean?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-30-2012, 12:14 PM

I don't know, really. It's like a thing they do that shows their mood or whatever. Like this for example

"Math homework. #soconfused"

Like that, kinda? I don't know. I don't have a twitter.

Ads

It's a hash tag. Means the same thing everywhere else.

It's a hashtag used to describe your status

It's a topic thing to discuss. Look on the Trending Topics and you'll see things like #JustGotSignedToYoungMoney (TT yesterday and today) It's just a hashtag and you can write anything after it. Just no apostrophes or periods in it.

its called a hashtag
its used for trending topics and for you to click and see other people talking about this topic say for instance subway is trending i type #subway and you can click it and see what everyone else is saying about subway
its also being used on facebook which is dumb
follow me @chocobabibear

It's called a "Trend" when many people use a certain saying many MANY times. It's a phrase that is famous and other people are quoting it. Example (true example, I did something you might know of): Bella Thorne and Zendaya sang a new song called "Watch Me" and fans kept quoting #WatchMe. There is a list on the sidebar that states all of the current trends and #WatchMe was one of them. Do you get what I'm saying?

youll eventually get it haha...its like to add what you're feeling or something to your tweet, or an example
someone just went through a redlight. #wrong
or
#youknowyougotswagwhen you wear a belt

I don't know, I think its just a fad. Like how people type weird and stuff. Idk I don't understand twitter, but it annoys me when people use it on facebook

The hash tag (#), is used on Twitter for users to categorize their tweets. By using hash tags that place your tweet into an appropriate category, it would be easier to find by users who know how to search for hash tags.