This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what's the cheapest way to start a site like yahoo?
02-16-2013, 12:44 PM
what's the cheapest way to start a site like yahoo?
I'd like to start an "all in one" branded site like yahoo. is it possible? I was thinking if I start with a directory + in-house ad network, then I might be able to build backlinks and begin to expand from there. what do you think? I also have many scripts in my collection (chatrooms, real estate, social networking, dating, etc) how about combine them under one domain?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 12:52 PM

google it, they seem pretty well off Smile

Ads

Wow. That's pretty ambitious!

The very cheapest way possible? Find a web host that offers unlimited bandwidth and storage space for a reasonable price. Upload your webpages, and start a Google AdWords campaign to gain popularity.

The *right* way to do something like this...employ thousands of people, have thousands of servers and host it yourself, and purchase a massive complex in which to house everything. Then get your site up and running and promote it, and hope to God you make enough money to pay off the massive debts you have now amassed =)

Good luck!

Tom.

Possible yes, practical no. To build a site like Yahoo would cost millions and need thousands of employees. The only way to have a good branded site on the internet nowadays is to find a niche and work with that. The all inclusive website market is flooded with big companies, a single guy doesn't stand a chance.

Yes, if you have all your needed scripts it is possible, but your websitet can't be popular as much as Yahoo. You can try it to see the result.

Take a look at:
http://www.threehosts.com/reviews
There you can reach the three reputable companies that are leaders in the website hosting industry.

And the best service available on the web:
http://www.threehosts.com/reviews/1st
Only $3.95 /month (with discount coupon)

Hope this helps.