This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Any good blog type websites?
02-16-2013, 01:13 PM
Any good blog type websites?
So I want to start a blog. Sharing my thoughts, ideas, life stories, stuff like that. Is there a website out there like that, but also includes other things too. Like a private journal as well, along with being able to make friends and share interests and such? Also it has to be FREE! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 01:21 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=free+blog+sites

Ads

blogspot.com
it is free, you can add multiple pages, widgets like shoutbox, radio, file sharing etc. Take a look at this one: http://instacashonline.blogspot.com/

For Free you have multiple options.

Wordpress.com - A large community for blogging with social features built in. It's also a good starting point to one day get a host and create your own site. Wordpress.org is the same software that Wordpress.com uses and it's free to use when hosting your own site with hosting providers like FastWebBuilder.com

Blogger.com - Blogger is owned by Google so they have integrated all of their services with it, including google +, youtube etc.

LiveJournal.com - This is kind of the Grand Daddy of blogs. They were originally out of San Fran, but are now owned by a Russian media company. Still a very good site with many features for interacting socially.

Tumblr.com - Tumblr is a new comer and has a lot of social activities associated with it.

I would suggest getting an account with all of them since they are free. In order to reach the most people you may want to link your blog to multiple sites so you are easily found.

You should then get a Stumbleupon.com account so you can share your blog with other like minded people. You can see other people's sites that you may enjoy very much but did not know they existed.

I hope this helps!