This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Virus on my computer?
02-16-2013, 04:48 PM
Virus on my computer?
Hi,

I've been following the Anonymous vs. Westboro Church on Twitter. I went to their website (which I won't mention since its a disgrace) to see if anonymous was still serving out DDoS attacks. About half an hour later I saw that one of the hackers tweeted out this an hour before hand;

" botnet AND keylogger infection on [website removed] please rt. Only the guilty wont see this"

All i did was go to the home page and click on another page to see if it was actually down, would I have gotten the viruses? What should I do?
Correction; They tweeted it out on the 16th. I went to the website on the 19th.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 04:56 PM

Copy everything on external hard drive and reinstall Windows. And make sure you install Windows 8.

Ads

I find that a good registry cleaner can help prevent viruses from manipulating your machine.

i visited same site in reference them picketing funeral. I hope I didn't get same thing you did or didn't. I'll let you know any developements. You do same ? ok

I don't mean to be ugly to a stranger, But this was dumb. You could have very well caused yourself a drive by attack on your computer. But, I think you dodged it. If you had gotten attacked you would already know it by now. You would be getting all kinds of nasty pop ups and god only knows what else. Restart your computer and see what happens. If it restarts normally you're most likely OK.

Never subject your computer to something like this. Unless you know exactly what to do if hit. If your computer is unpatched/half patched and protected by some free crap, You're asking for it. If you keep your machine fully patched with a no nonsense antivirus, It's still possible to get hit, But it's a lot harder to do.

I’m unsure what to make of this, but...

I run XP on my computer. If you run a different version of Windows, this path may vary.

Firstly, on your desktop click Start\Control Panel\System. Now click on the Remote tab.

Make sure there is no tick in the box labelled "Allow Remote Assistance invitations to be sent from this computer".

Make sure there is no tick in the box labelled "Allow users to connect remotely to this computer".

Now click the Apply button, then click the OK button and return to your desktop.

Also, whenever a web site asks if you wish your password to be remembered, always say no.

If you run Firefox, click Tools\Options\Security. Under Passwords, make sure there is no tick in the box labelled "Remember passwords for sites". Now click the OK button.

If you use a different browser, I'm sure there will be similar changes you should make.

Once that's done...

Try this:

Boot your computer to the Safe Mode menu screen. You do this by repeatedly pressing F8 as soon as you boot up. Once there, use the arrow keys to highlight Safe Mode with Networking. Continue to boot from there, by pressing Enter. You will now see some drivers being loaded. There will be a pause at some point. This usually lasts for no more than 30 seconds.

Once at your desktop, download this free package.

When you click on the download button, wait for a few seconds and the download box will appear, without you having to enter your name or email address.

Save it to your desktop, unzip it...click on start.exe...then click on Emergency Kit Scanner. Wait for it to open (this may take a couple of minutes), then get updates and run a Deep Scan (the scan may take a while):

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/eek/

Hope this helps.

You can download anti-virus software. You have to use the effective and latest version of anti-virus. The validity should be more than 20 years. For this, you have to download the anti-virus software with many years license key. If you want it free, you can grab it free too.

today is the 19th, the Anonymous group hacked the WBC (Westboro Baptist Church)
twitter page and everything linked to it for a reason. you shouldn't have gone to it

i hope you're not with the WBC group, because if you are than serves you right

for everybody who's curious of what im talking about here's a youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV1iUsB_tuo

the WBC are saying that the children that died in the Sandy Hook Elementary tragedy deserved it