This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How do people update their facebook status via toaster oven?
02-16-2013, 07:24 PM
How do people update their facebook status via toaster oven?
I see peoples statuses updated "Via toaster oven" and I'd like to know how they managed to do this! Also, what are some other cool ways someone can post their status? Like, "Via______"

Thanks <3
Come on, seriously. I'd like to know how people do this! -.-

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Via the frypan.

Ads

i think they have to get in the toaster oven to do it.

Well I don't really know myself but my guess is possibly an app on their iPods or an extension on Google Chrome

Facebook and Twitter are both amazing social networking sites. If you use Twitter, you know that one of it's great features is the Retweet, which allows you to pass on a post you receive to your friends and followers. Retweeting makes it very easy to share information in Twitter.

Facebook also allows you to share a friend's posted link in much the same way as a Retweet! Using the Share feature, you can post a friend's item to your own Profile and Live Feed, while giving them credit with a Via message.

This lets all your friends see posts that you receive from people that may not be on everyone's list. It's a great way to pass on fun, interesting or important links that you want to share with all, or just some, of your friends.

It's easy to use this feature. Here is How To Use The Facebook Share Via Feature.

Difficulty:EasyInstructions
Things You'll Need
Facebook Account
Suggest Edits

First of all, Facebook currently doesn't let you Share everything that your friends post. You cannot Share their Status Updates or Photos.
You can Share any of their Posted Links. This would include websites, links, or videos that a friend or organization posts to their News Feed.

To simplify how to know what things you can Share, just look for the word "Share" under the item. It will be next to the "Comment" and "Like" choices, and if it's there, you can Share!

Click On The Share Link
If a friend has posted an item that you want to Share and post to your Profile page with a Via credit, click on the "Share" link underneath the item.

Add Your Own Text
A "Post To Profile" box will pop up. You can write a message in the text box that will post along with the Shared item, or you can just leave it blank and let the post speak for itself.

You can also click on "Send as a Message instead". This allows you to share the post with just one friend, a list, or an email address.

The default setting is to display a small thumbnail picture of the posted item along with the post, so if you don't want the thumbnail to show, you have to select the "No Thumbnail" box. Normally you would use the default setting and display the thumbnail.

Let's say you choose to Share it on your Profile and Live Feed. Just click on the "Share" button to post the item.

The Message Will Be Posted To Your Profile
You will get a confirmation message on the screen that the message was posted to your Profile. Click on your Profile or the Live News Feed to see how the Shared message looks to the rest of the world. The originator of the message will be given credit by placing the word "Via" in front of their name by the reposted item.

You've just done the Facebook version of a Retweet!

Read more: How to Use The Facebook Share Via Feature | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_5878815_use-face...z1bAcheEOs

If you're speaking the truth....then it must be some app. launched by FB like snaptu etc...
you can search for it on facebook itself......