This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a Yahoo 360, and I would like to know the difference between the 360 and having a web site please?
02-16-2013, 07:44 PM
I have a Yahoo 360, and I would like to know the difference between the 360 and having a web site please?
Please be kind. I am 58 and not a computer whiz. I like working on my 360, but I am curious about having a Web site.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2013, 07:52 PM

They are different as far as some web sites goes, And 360 is a social network to blog and make friends. Sharing and caring. And social networks are basicially the same, where as some cost,where as 360 is free..And some are just too messy and confusing.http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/360/
This is to give you an idea of 360 or you can click on a avatar here in the answer page,this will open their link to 360 and you can take a look,click on their friends photos and take a look.Do not worry you will not mess nothing up. ha ha

Ads

02-16-2013, 07:52 PM

Yahoo 360 is hosted by Yahoo and the features available are mostly controlled by Yahoo. You can add content to the template provided, but the content is governed by Yahoo's guidelines and Terms of Service. You log into 360 through the web and it's integrated with Yahoo's other services. See an old press release that explains "What is Yahoo! 360?": http://docs.yahoo.com/docs/pr/release1222.html . Yahoo 360 is social-networking website, but most of the features have already been made for you and you can't change it. It's free.

If you create web site, it is hosted by a company, but the features/content is mostly controlled by you. There may be terms of service by the hosting company (no spamming, explicit/adult content, whatever) - but you can mostly control what the page looks like and what you put on it. You can use a template that the company may provide for your web page to make it easier to design, but you don't have to use it. You log into your website to edit content, but you are actually logging into a server that is hosting individual files, not a web interface. So, usually having a web site involves knowing HTML coding pretty well (at least), and/or having a good web page editor (WYSIWYG...what you see is what you get - type editor so that you don't need to know HTML), or using a provided template -- all your choice. Creating your website can be free (see Yahoo! Geocities, but you will likely have to deal with ads) or not.