This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What exactly is blackberry bridge?
02-17-2013, 04:14 PM
What exactly is blackberry bridge?
Hi. I have a blackberry torch 9800 on at&t and am thinking about getting a Playbook. But I've heard a lot about not being able to tether internet. What about messaging? Would I be able to send text messages from my Playbook? What else should I know?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 04:22 PM

blackberry bridge is an app which allows you to connect your playbook to your blackberry phone via bluetooth and use your blackberry phones mobile internet data allowance..as long as the phone is with you..standard bluetooth distances..the playbook also shares your bbm messages from your phone but im not sure about texts..but yeh u cant make phonecalls from the playbook..but yeh if u do get a playbook, make sure you have the data plan like the bb services and mobile internet like 500mb or 1gb etc..and use it only if wifi isnt avaiible to you

Ads

02-17-2013, 04:22 PM

Currently blackberry bridge allows you to surf the web using your phones data connection on the playbook and get your bbm. As far as i know your playbook wont be able to view text messages in the present version of the software nor are you able to access your groups on bbm.

There is a 4g playbook coming out soon, but i doubt the price will be as nice as the current playbook on sale.

The android player does run some android apps, maybe 60 percent of them some of them are laggy on the playbook. Other apps like plume for twitter run quite smoothly. You can sideload the kindle app as well on the playbook but i think service may be limited to the united states, but i am not 100 percent sure on that one.

If you have used an ipad a lot in the past, then the playbook battery life will disappoint, its decent but it wont come close to the 10 hour battery life the ipad has.

If you do decide to buy a playbook or you want to do further research the forums on crackberry.com is gonna be where you wanna search for info.