This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with replacing the touchpad on Dell Inspiron 600m laptop?
02-17-2013, 05:25 PM
Help with replacing the touchpad on Dell Inspiron 600m laptop?
Recently, i took my laptop out of storage to give to my aunt. It's been in a drawer in my office at work for about a year. Long story short, i powered it up yesterday and found out that it had a cracked LCD screen. I have ordered a replacement screen. I have also removed the LCD screen from my laptop and salvaged the inverter and connection cable. This will be the first laptop i've ever done repairs on. Now that i have the LCD screen coming, i was going to fix another couple issues. The touchpad is sunken in on the right side and though it works, i'm afraid it will eventually completely disconnect. My first thought was to superglue it back up(dont yell at me). But i assume i may just start replacing things on the laptop itself to make it in better working order. But i'm having trouble finding any instructional photos, or videos on how to replace the touchpad. I'm also going to install some bigger RAM cards and possibly a new hard drive or slightly larger one so i can just remove my old hard drive and save my data rather than dumping it to make room for my aunt to save her own things. Does this make sense or am i being naive? Like i said, i've never actually repaired any computers before but i would really like to since i've had so much fun with it thus far. If anyone has a word of advice i would appreciate it. And just so everyone knows, i'm ordering an anti-static bracelet so i dont cause any havoc on the hardware. Haha. Thanks to all who can provide help!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-17-2013, 05:33 PM

Blair,

You will need to remove and replace the palm rest and the touchpad. You can click the link below to download the online service manual for removal instructions.

Inspiron 600m Online Manual
http://www.dell.com/support/troubleshoot...piron-600m

The part number for the palm rest with touchpad is: P/N 2N345 Palmrest with Touchpad, 600M (Does NOT include stickers)
To order the part you can contact Dell Spare Parts Department at 1-877-717-3355 or go to the link below.

Dell Spare Parts Department
http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/delli...dhs&~ck=mn

Thank You,
Dell-Jesse L
Dell Social Media and Communities

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply