This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does everyone treat me like I'm "special"?
10-12-2012, 06:02 AM
Why does everyone treat me like I'm "special"?
I do have Autism, but a mild case of it(I'm high functioning) but my parents wanted me to have someone around me most of the time during my classes at High Schools. I'm a Sophmore by the way.

The person always tells me stuff I already know and want me to do stuff I'M ALREADY DOING!! Plus they never give me a break, ever.

When I want a few minutes to think of the problem, that person never gives me a second to think of it and always want me to write it down. It always happens when I get close to the answer of a specific problem and guess what? It's right anyways!!

When I do in fact get time to get a break like during a study hall, they are still here. I always write some stories down for my free time but even I don't have freedom there! That person always forces me to edit my own story that isn't related to school in any way! "Oh why must there be violence in this story? Get rid of it."

I tried to talk to my parents about making me go by myself but they say that "They don't trust me being independent".

The person who follows around me is always happy....in a sort of creepy way. I mean whenever I do get a test back and it's correct she grins really wide and forces me to "high-five" which not only embarrasses me but also distracts the other students.

I also have friends who never talk to me about anything. Whenever I'm around they can't talk about violence, sex, or any other "taboo" media around me. They even ask me to leave when talking about it when I do know about it! Yeah, I even play games like GTA and Saints Row and that is perfectly fine but everyone stays silent around me when they want to talk to it.

My friends and parents also throw the match whenever they Play Video Games and make me win. I never get a fair fight in any game unless it's from some random person online.

My parents are also like this. They always remind me of stuff I already am doing/ know about and they always act foolish. They even give me "talkings" frequently on stuff I obviously know about.

It's like the internet is my only sanctuary. At least Twitter because I can talk to actual friends there that don't do this stuff to me.

I swear I'm literally losing my sanity because of this.

Why is everyone treating me like this? I just want to be independent and I have done stuff to prove I can be independent(I can stay home alone, I can cook by myself, clean, do my homework alone, etc) yet no one trusts me.

What is with this!?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 06:10 AM

have a talk with them about how it is just a stupid label and they are making it impossible for you to learn how to be independent when you grow up.

Ads

10-12-2012, 06:10 AM

Perhaps seek counseling.