This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I update my twitter without being charged extra money?
02-18-2013, 08:43 AM
Can I update my twitter without being charged extra money?
I have unlimited texting with at&t.
so if I check the "It’s okay for Twitter to send txt messages to my phone. Standard rates apply." box would I be charged extra money?
I heard some sites do. but what about twitter?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 08:51 AM

twitter is fine. im pretty sure there are no extra charges.
but you get texted by it ALL THE TIME lol

Ads

02-18-2013, 08:51 AM

Yes, if you have unlimited texting, including no extra fees for sending OR receiving, you will not be charged any extra by AT&T. That is just fine print so that you can't sue Twitter if you end up with a $1000 phone bill because your cell phone provider charges you for incoming and/or outgoing texts.

In other words, Twitter does not charge you to use their service at all, but your phone service might, depending on the terms of your contract. I hope that helps!

EDIT: You have complete control over how many people you follow on your cell phone, so if you think you are getting to many texts, just figure out who is tweeting so much, then tell Twitter you don't want to receive their tweets as text messages anymore. Here's how:

If you want to follow someone but NOT receive updates on your cell, just make sure that "Device updates" are set to "OFF" for the users you don't want text messages for. You will find this setting on each individual Twitter user's profile page, just under their avatar. Their tweets will still appear in your timeline, but will not be sent to your cell phone.