This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Poem on the idea of beauty?
02-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Poem on the idea of beauty?
My dance teacher wants me to write in my journal about a change i want to see in the future. Basically I want to write about how I want everyone to be seen as beautiful in the future because now social media has set an unattainable standard of beauty. When I write I guess it's too straight to the point and its not really poetic. . Help Sad

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 11:26 AM

Straight and to the point makes better work than abstract and cliche. What you need to do is write the work and then go back and pay attention to the rhythm of the words and lines and the line breaks, Don't worry about rhyme, don't worry about meter, first get down your ideas, then you can do the work of revision. Beauty is a large subject and you need to keep it within your grasp. The Academy of American Poets has a good selection of poems on various topics, go take a look and see how poets use language and the many tools available.

Have fun.

Ads

I think that you should first read some poems to get inspired for example "If "by Rudyard kipling and Nothing gold can stay by Robert frost. or to wach a film entitled pay it forward wich mainly talks about thinking of an idea to change the world i wish u all the best.

"because now social media has set an unattainable standard of beauty."

Are you sure that you are a student? Because you write like someone I know and he is a grown up. If you are him, then you surely need help with your poetry. Let me know, and also offer me your interpretation of the above phrase of yours. After I receive a round idea of what you seek, along with your personal expressive forms, I shall not deny to help you.