This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is it ridiculous that I'm almost 18 and my mom has to follow me on twitter?
02-18-2013, 01:55 PM
Is it ridiculous that I'm almost 18 and my mom has to follow me on twitter?
I'm 17 and gay, and my mom thinks I'm 10 sometimes (honestly, I'm very very mature for my age). I was gonna go to Vegas for a Madonna concert last minute (40 minute flight or so from LA) but she said no because "he's a little kid." I ended up going with my buzzkill aunt.

She follows me on twitter. Uncomfortable. I retweet a lot of fellow gay guys but that's not the issue. It's that I can't say what I want to. If I want to say "wow Daniel Craig is so attractive," I just can't. Awkwardness (and I haven't officially come out yet). And if I insult someone that deserves it or a celebrity, I get a text from her within an hour saying "stop being mean. That only reflects on you" and if I say the f word ONCE, she gets pissed and tells me to delete the tweet.

Isn't this too much?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 02:03 PM

I'm 16 and my parents don't even know what twitter, myyearbook, etc. is. They have facebook and that's all.

My GRANDMOTHER however has added me on Myyearbook, followed me on twitter, subscribed to me on youtube, etc.

I feel your pain. lol

Ads

your 17 not 18
also to go to that madonna concert you would have needed an adult with you anyways because you are not 21....or 18...
you sound really whiny

just say what you want to say or block her... you can control who sees your tweets.... im guessing you have a facebook right? its just like that....

my point is...when you are 18 you can curse all you want
your mom probably already knows you are gay so you might as well just come out....she has lived in the same house as you for how long? she most likely knows

Wow...that is a bit much.
Anyway, maybe talk to her and tell her that she's taking it too far? There is a fine line between respecting privacy and being a good parent.

My parents don't have Facebooks, but my California grandmother does and she literally follows everything I do. She commented on all the Junior Prom pics my friends tagged me in, and they were asking me who she was. God that was embarrassing -_-

Yeah she's going overboard.

your mom is crazy, just block her.