This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I have a virus on my computer and it is not allowing me to download Avast, AVG or any of the other antivirus?
02-18-2013, 02:49 PM
I have a virus on my computer and it is not allowing me to download Avast, AVG or any of the other antivirus?
I'm not sure how I got this virus but it is affecting my internet and hacking into my facebook. Anyone who knows what I can do please help. Everytime I go to download a program like AVG it is telling me that it cannot find the page. Sad I need helppp.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM

Do a system restore to before whenever you got the virus.

Ads

Don't know if this will work, but try it. I found that if I typed the address in the site (when working on an infected computer) the virus would prevent the site from loading. However, if I clicked on a link that led me to the actual file, I could circumvent the virus and download the program. Give it a try.

If it is indeed a virus and it is hacking into your facebook, then I would suggest dumping your computer (formatting it). I had the same thing happen to me, I just bought blank cds and backed up all my stuff and started over. Good luck!

Maybe find an online scanning service (make sure it is not a scam, and do not give out any personal information)

yea i hae a virus problem on my moms laptop im working on solving first i started the computer in safe mode and ran spybot search and destroy then started up in normal mode and it alowed me to update spybot now im doing another scan on it.

but you can problly just get on a different computer download the antivirus you want then put the setup onto a flash drive then you can install it on your computer without going to that website.

Restart and as soon as welcome screen comes on go and run system restore to a time prior to infection...