This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Twitter Question (what does this mean)?
02-18-2013, 03:05 PM
Twitter Question (what does this mean)?
I understand how Twitter works, but I got a reply I didn't understand today. First they @'d me with a simple message. Then a few minutes later that @'d me again. In front of the second message, there were 2 squares with no space. They looked like this (I copied and pasted them) 👍
Then the message started without a space. What do the squares mean?
I was on my regular computer. Maybe they sent it from their phone and it didn't pick up? I might go on Mobile Twitter later to see if anything appears or if it's still boxes. I've heard people say that on the iPhone you have special features and if you get boxes like that it's because you don't have an iPhone and can't see them. I've seen boxes like I got in the @ other places on Twitter too (in people's tweets and stuff). I've seen people post the heart you posted though and it showed up fine, so that's very odd..
I was on my regular computer. Maybe they sent it from their phone and it didn't pick up? I might go on Mobile Twitter later to see if anything appears or if it's still boxes. I've heard people say that on the iPhone you have special features and if you get boxes like that it's because you don't have an iPhone and can't see them. I've seen boxes like I got in the @ other places on Twitter too (in people's tweets and stuff). I've seen people post the heart you posted though and it showed up fine, so that's very odd..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 03:13 PM

That means they added a symbol. (example, like a "♥" or "☺") If you were on twitter through your phone, your phone may not be able to see the symbols. Other than that, I am not sure.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply