This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What anti-virus will help me not get any virus if i download IMVU?
02-18-2013, 04:17 PM
What anti-virus will help me not get any virus if i download IMVU?
I'm still not 100% sure if this is okay if i download IMVU.
I need good and reasonable feedback please.
I also downloaded other things like, Fire Fox and Downloadhelper.
So if i down loaded IMVU and i have anti-virus running would i still have get a virus if i do download IMVU? please help thanks :]

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 04:25 PM

Ok if imvu is a program with a virus then antivirus software, if it catches it, will block it from running. (I recommend avast! Free antivirus ) better off finding a better source to download from. Programs that are virus free can be found on sites like cnet.com

Ads

IMVU does not contain viruses. I beta the software from time to time(try it out before others can download it, basically) and it's NEVER given me viruses.
If you want IMVU then don't download an anti-virus(ps downloadhelper isn't a good idea) and if you can't trust IMVU don't download it. But NO ONE has received a virus from it - considering it's on it's own system and locked down from others trying to relay anything through the system aka it's super secure - and you can ask if you don't believe me.

IMU doesnt contain a virus. Its a virtual world/social network that makes money by selling virtual items to its users. They're a multiple million dollar company that has better things to do than put viruses on children's computers.

This can be said for many other virtual worlds that target children and adults alike. It just takes a little understanding of what these products/programs are and a little common sense.

However, the one virtual world that WILL put spyware/malware on your PC is Zwinky. The main goal of this game is put tool bars and adware/spyware on its user's PCs so that the users will click their ads. They've made millions doing this. It doesnt really harm your PC, but it does cause pop ups and (even if you use firefox) and it could potentially cause your PC go slow.

Also, when you install IMVU, you should be aware that when you go to other people's rooms or try on clothes and meet other people with clothes you dont have yet, the game will store all that data on your PC and never delete it unless you delete it yourself. I used IMVU for about 5 days and went to a few rooms over that time and it ended up taking 2GB (or 2,000+ MB) of space. The users that play for a long time report having up to 30 to 50 GB taken up after playing for a month or two.