This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I want to be a journalist/analyst one day so I am writing sports stories would you tell if it's good?
02-18-2013, 05:35 PM
I want to be a journalist/analyst one day so I am writing sports stories would you tell if it's good?
So I'm in 8th grade and want to write about sports one day as a journalist or talk as an analyst so I figured I'd start writing young to get good. Please tell me what you think, if it's good and what I can do to improve and fix it. Tonight is about Paul George and the Indiana Pacers. Hope you enjoy. No hating please. FYI it did not end up indenting how it was supposed to so I Know it should be but it wouldn't.

"PaulStar" Should Make It to the All Star Game

Tonight, Paul George pretty much solidified his spot as an All-Star bench player, with 18 out of his 31 points coming in the 1st quarter as the Pacers defeated the Rockets, 105-95.
Paul George just started to break out last season and get some attention, and now, with Danny Granger being hurt this year, Paul George has taken full advantage of the opportunity by showing that he can be a not only a star, but a household name like Lebron, MJ, or Kobe.
PG has been amazing in everything he does on the court. From shooting a 3 which he is an expert at, to stealing a pass on D and taking it all the way for one of the most spectacular dunks you'll ever see, blocking shots, and rebounding too. His streak recently ended for double-doubles; he had 5 straight.
It's strange though, when you look at his averages for this season. Compared to his last 2 seasons he is shooting .04 and .053 worse than his previous seasons. But he did play less in both of those seasons so that obviously contributes as he did not take as many shots. Those are just numbers though, when you just watch him play, you see he is so much better than what the numbers tell you. There is a show called "Numbers Never Lie", sorry, but in the case of Mr. George, they do.
His average points per game have gone up 4.8 since last season and his rebounding has gone up significantly too. Attracting attention is no big deal for him either. As soon as he finished outplaying Lebron James, he was trending on Twitter and got recognition from many people, including Bill Simmons.
Oh, and the team's record? Are they likely to make the playoffs? They're 25-16, and sit atop the Central Division. That position currently gives them the No. 3 seed in the playoffs behind the Heat and Knicks. Think they're pretty good and have a chance to win it all or am I overplaying it? If you think they have a chance you're right and I'm about to make you think they have an even better chance. Don't think they do or aren't quite sold? You forgot about a pretty big detail.... They don't even have Danny Granger. They're also young. So if you don't think they're quite ready.... They will be soon. I'm going to say the Indiana Pacers will have played in or won the NBA Finals in 5 years.
The Pacers aren't exactly known for having legends or winning lots of championships. But get ready. Cause they may have a legend and a couple titles coming their way. Or perhaps, the time is already here.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM

I think for your age you are doing quite well--Some "materials" to examine--Steps to Writing Well, and Rules of Thumb--get both--you will have much use for the latter, trust me... Good luck to you! These two "textbooks" are what was required for English Composition 101 w/computers at Kirtland Community College in Roscommon, Michigan during the Winter 2006 Semester... Not to brag, but I graduated high school in 1974---I got an "A" in the class, and had a lot of fun doing it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply