This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm scared to get my eyebrows done?
02-19-2013, 07:23 AM
I'm scared to get my eyebrows done?
I really want to get my eyebrows done because they are weird looking I suppose and also not fully grown in some areas and everyone else has had theirs done but now I feel odd as they're wearing make up and stuff and I don't want to cuz the last time I tried I looked like a plastic barbie doll! Anyway back to eyebrows.
My mom used this pencil thing and drew on my eyebrows to show me what I'd look look like if I got them done and I looked like a freeaaak which Is why I'm scared to get them done.
Please tell me what to do???
Was you the same, can you tell me about your experience?
Does it make you look really different?? <<<

All answers appreciated! Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 07:31 AM

Hey!
It's not that bad don't worry!
When I first got my eyebrows waxed, it was in December.
My stepmom made an appointment for me, and the lady was really nice who did it for me.
She put the wax on my face. It felt good, and it adjusted to your temp. of your body(so you didn't get burned).
Then she took some cloth and put it over the wax and applied pressure. It hurt at first, but she put her fingers on super fast to soothe the pain.

The worst part is the bottom part of your eyebrows, when they do the shaping. Hurts so bad.

Just be warned, it hurts super bad after, but only for like half a day or so.(4-5 hours).

The pain is bearable though, so it's all good.

And of course, it looks amazing..

And for your last question- it does not change the way your face looks! Just describe the person doing it to you how you want it to look. And they'll understand. (I'm guessing your my age, and they don't do anything 'too' drastic at this point(like pencil thin) they just shape them and remove the hairs in the middle (:

Ask your mom if you can go to a professional first, and then continue it from there.

It's around 15 dollars, give or take a few dollars.

I hope I helped!

Ads

Hi! I'm a professional makeup artist and know a ton about eyebrows! Don't be afraid! Getting your eyebrows done is not a horrible experience if you go to the right place.

Some people prefer waxing and if you are leaning more towards that, I recommend going to Benefit Cosmetics Brow Bar if you have one in your area. They are beyond experts at brows and have to go through intense training to do it correctly. If no Benefit by you, check on yelp to see what the best places are for eyebrow waxing in your area.

I am a big fan of threading over waxing. Threading is a technique that has been done for hundreds of years and will not irritate your skin like waxing will. Threading is just as painful but the redness goes away within a half hour where waxing can be red and even cause some red painful bumps for several hours (depending on how sensitive your skin is).

Also, you asked about "filling in" brows with makeup and said your mom used a pencil and made you look like a "freak." I think a pencil can look to "pencily" and harsh if not done correctly so I would recommend using a brow powder with a small angle brush specifically for brows to fill in. Start at the center of the brow (the arch) and fill in moving towards the front then out. Never start at the front because it can be too "Color Heavy" in the front and then it's impossible to spread the color evenly throughout your entire brow. Filling in brows frames the face beautifully and it's such an overlooked step in the makeup process. Hope this helps! Feel free to follow me on twitter or email me for more tips! Smile

penicl make your eyebrow look so fake n sharp
thats why u didint like it

but after them being done it will just look clean n neat n make u look better
believe me u wont regret it if u get it done in the right place

i prefer eyebrow threading over waxing it gives cleaner result
but not everyone is good at it
so look in yelp if there is any good place for eyebrow threading then go for it
usually indians r good with it
but #1 rule look at who ever is doing your eyebrow n see how her eyebrow is
if they look good then let her do it for u
if not dont trust specially if she has extra thin eyebrows or if her eyebrows dont have the same shape