This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
do you think Facebook has a negative impact on the minds of some young people?
02-19-2013, 01:11 PM
do you think Facebook has a negative impact on the minds of some young people?
A lot of people spend a huge proportion of their time on Facebook. Is hanging out on Facebook any worse than hanging out with people in real life?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 01:19 PM

It makes.those littls girls into facebook sluts

Ads

Yes,
some people only use the internet (facebook) and their phones (texting) to talk to people.
I believe this could potentially cause them to be socially crippled.

It depends on the individual. Some people may end up finding social networking and texting as a way of avoiding in person communications. This does cripple social skills. However, others may use facebook to connect with friends for planning events, or for staying in touch with friends who they cannot see in person, such as those who have moved away. In the end, it depends on the temperament of the child, and whether they are mature enough to know that digital messages are a poor imitation of actual human contact. In the end, parents should remember to talk to their children about such things.
I personally have known both types. In high school I knew a girl who was always on facebook, and only seemed to have a good conversation when not in person. Her social skills were greatly crippled because of it.
However, I knew another girl who was always on facebook, but used it to keep in touch with friends and pen pals, along with planning group events. She was very outgoing and had a wide variety of friends; it seemed everyone in school was her friend she had a very healthy social life and social skills..

In the end, it depends on the individual, but if parents talk to their kids about it, it can help with getting the right result.

Yes it does

Facebook has a negative impact on the minds of ANY person. People have forgotten where they came from. Yes it is worse. Facebook wants to "connect" people but all that is really happening is disconnection. Facebook DISCONNECTS people.

Gonna explain to me how talking via a website keeps you connected? What if someone hacks an account? How can you ever be sure who you are REALLY talking to?