This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dell Inspiron PC to Sony TV stopped working?
02-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Dell Inspiron PC to Sony TV stopped working?
I am running a VGA out from my Dell 535s desktop to my Sony Bravia flat screen using the PC setting on my television. This worked fine last night. I touched nothing and today my television isnt recognizing the desktops signal. When I plug the VGA into my laptop it instantly recognizes that, so the cord and television hookup are fine. The Dell has the ability to do dual screens, but again, I touched no settings, and the first time I plugged in the computer into the TV it automatically recognized it, so I don't feel it has anything to do with monitor setting. Any idea what would cause this to happen?
The computer and television were never unplugged as to create an issue in the first place. I literally shut down the PC and TV last night, and turned them both back on today and the TV didn't detect the signal anymore.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Plug it in to the same port you used last time. Then restart your PC.

Ads

02-19-2013, 03:17 PM

Hi jason,
My name is Krishna and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Normally, the process of setting up and using a TV as a secondary monitor is seamless and automatic. However, because it involves hardware and software from multiple sources, you may need to troubleshoot problems and make adjustments.

Under Multiple displays, you can adjust what you see on the second monitor. Try the steps given in the link below and see if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windo...e-monitors

Regards,
Dell-Kris K
Dell Social Media and Communities