This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What do you think of facebook?
02-19-2013, 06:44 PM
What do you think of facebook?
Is it a useful way of communication, or a way for stalking people and wasting time?
Is it a useful way of communication or a way for stalking people and wasting time? Does it really have political motives behind all the infomration that it collect? Do you trust facebook?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 06:52 PM

I think its horrid.

Everyone says 'ah, i use it to keep in touch with my friends and relatives!'

But it takes no effort to poke or send a 1 line message. i dont feel honoured if someone happened to be browsing profiles and send me a one liner 'how r u'. im much more happy if someone decides to telephone, or visit.

in my view, facebook it cheapens communication. you dont need to ask how someone is, theyve told you on their status message. most people just use it as an excuse to post pics of their nights out....'look how drunk i was'. Yuck.

And dont get me started on people who have 500 'friends'!

So after a month, I deleted my account. And before anyone asks, yes I do have a healthy social network, i just choose to keep it 'real'.

I doubt its political, they use your information so they can sell ad space.

the world survived before facebook well enough, i dont think its essential to our existence. its just another site. i dont mind if other people like it, i just hate the way people think its the ONLY way to share pics, or message others, and so on.

Ads

I just got Facebook because none of my friends use Bebo anymore as apparently Facebook is more "mature" lol, well I suppose it is in a way. I wouldn't say it is a way of stalking people as a lot of people have their profile set to private. I spend much less time on Facebook than on Bebo as practically everyone on Bebo had public profiles so you would spend hours stalking random people hahaa. It is a good way of communication and there's also a chat thing which although isn't that good if someones signed in you can still talk to them directly. I dunno about the political thing though sorry.

It's good for me who has friends abroad so it's expensive to call up and friend's at boarding school who have no phone signal. And yes people post pictures of drunken nights out but it is nice to share photos with each other as they are not all drunken nights out!

its ok i suppose