This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
what is your opinion on this?
02-19-2013, 10:16 PM
what is your opinion on this?
I know a guy who is obsessed with the social media and its negative influence it has on society. He always talks about how he hates ppl wrapped up in the glitz a glamour meaning he hates ppl who are trendy in any way or likes nice things. he thinks they are all fake and brainwashed by media. I love fashion & nice things, when we dated i dressed down to please him do think his ideas are right? why or why not. i love nice things but feel he thinks im fake
well im a loner & have no friends to impress

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-19-2013, 10:24 PM

Nice things are fine but if you are only getting them to fit in or be trendy then I think that is a problem.

If you just get it because you like it that's different.

Ads

Nice things are fine, they're no different than ugly and average things. Although I know some people who buy way more nice things than they would ever need and when someone does this I have to agree with your friend - it's not something that we should encourage. So maybe point that out to him, if you still care about his opinion of you. Unless you're one of those who buy a lot of stuff, in which case... shame on you!

Being fake is not doing as you desire. So he is right, you are fake as long as you do as you feel he desires you to. Stop being fake and be whom you desire to be. Like that which you desire to like. If he does not like it, tell him this is who you are and not a fake. Sell outs are people who say they hate McDonald's and then do a McDonald's commercial for money. That is a fake. But if you love McDonald's and do a McDonald's commercial for money, you are not a fake or a sell out. You are true to yourself. If you like Prada, Gucci, Tiffani's, etc, etc, so be it.

I am afraid he is right social media does have a bad effect but it could be said almost everything can have a bad effect on us that is why we need to have a good set of ethics then we can know what to ignore even our friends can get us to think in the wrong way and make mistakes Philosophy teaches moderation in all things so maybe hate s to strong a word maybe in the sense of Fashion foolish maybe better

I always worry about people who 'hates' so many things. I also worry about those who 'judge' people. You should never adjust yourself for someone. Just be who you truly are and that has to be enough.